Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I got sconed in bangkok

So, if you missed the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in Atlanta this past weekend, then you have every reason to throw yourself a pity party. It was an amazing show! The entire purpose for this blog is simply to proclaim Karen O as my hero. The energy that woman brings to the stage is amazing! Words escape me.

Also, I have been spending a lot of time at Inman Perk lately. I like that coffee shop. Yesterday, we tried to have a study session. My friends are all looking for jobs, applying to grad schools, studying for GRE or LSAT. So we met to be productive. Needless to say, I wasn't. I do not; however, recommend a mixture of miso soup, avocado roll, a double shot of espresso and hot cider.

I like it when people can make me laugh. I really like laughing. It would be horrible to be one of those people who don't see humor everywhere they turn. I hope they don't ban me from the coffee shop for laughing too much at Kevin's poop stories, but if they did at least I would have a good reason.

Sorry for the random post, but that is how my mind is working today.

Here is a quotation by Eudora Welty that I have been working over in my mind. If is from her essay on "A Worn Path," "Is Phoenix Jackson's Grandson really dead?"

"The habit of love cuts through confusion and stumbles or contrives its way out of difficulty, it remembers the way even when it forgets, for a dumbfounded moment, its reason for being. The path is the thing that matters."

1 comment:

m.d. said...

i closed my eyes and felt the warmth on my eyelids. sunlight traveled a long distance to reach this planet; an infinitesimal portion of that energy was enough to warm my eyelids. i was moved. that something as insignificant as an eyelid had its place in the workings of the universe, that the cosmic order did not overlook this momentary fact. was i any closer to appreciating alyosha's insights? some limited happiness had been granted this limited life.