Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lost

I have been very lax in posting lately. This procrastination may be for a few reasons. First of all, work has been very time consuming. Then I have been pretty indecisive about what to blog about. Other than the fact that I am incapable of making a decision, life has been amazing. I feel, for the first time in a long time, that I am actually living again. No longer do I feel like I am simply just trying to make it to the next day, or content to rise, eat, work, party and sleep. But I am sure that my life is moving in a new direction, and I couldn't be more excited or nervous. It is all so new that there aren't words to really discuss it now, but soon. These emotions and experiences will work themselves out of me, as they always do, in some written expression before all is said and done.

I have become addicted to Lost. Quite addicted. Kelly and I decided to start watching it from the beginning, and last night we finished season one. We have been discussing character's names. Specifically Locke. Its been a while since I studied up on my Lockean philosophy, or my Rousseau, but it has made me start to think about how we end up the complicated creatures that we are.

I haven't taken a psych class since graduation, but being a teacher keeps me enthralled by the possibilities of human nature. What makes us kill? What makes us cry? Why do we love? How do we learn to love. On some greater level, I'm not sure that we need to know the answers to the nature v. nurture question.

Poetry soon, even if its not my own. I feel it. I have been reading a lot of it in quiet moments (they are rare), and old favorites have new meanings these days.

6 comments:

Nick said...

Yay! Welcome back.

KG said...

I don't know who this Kelly character is, but he sounds pretty amazing... He sounds very similar to the John Lock Character actually. I think they based that character on a guy named Kelly in Atlanta come to think of it.
Wow that is kind of weird, but I guess so is writing in third person

c.i.r. said...

yes, kelly, he is amazing.

m.d. said...

i think i'm in love but it makes me kinda nervous to say so

Southern Sports Dude said...

hey...you wrote something new! congrats.

DL said...

If you're just now finishing up with the first season of Lost, then boy howdy! You've got quite a few twists and turns ahead of you.

And that's right, I actually typed "boy howdy."