Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dare accepted

My good friend Nick dared me to blog about what I am wearing today. There was actually a little thought put into my outfit today. Interestingly enough today I will be wearing three outfits: one for teaching, one for coaching, and one to go out. Since the temperature is hovering around freezing, and the drizzle continues to fall, I needed to dress for warmth. I feel prepared.

1. My teaching outfit: Suede brown knee boots to keep my legs warm, paired with argyle socks. I love argyle socks. These boots annoy me because they are supposed to slouch; however, the left boot slouches significantly lower than my right, leaving my left calf feeling a little incompetent. Who makes defective boots? Brown slacks with pink pinstripes (wool of course). A rose colored, wool, v-neck sweater. I don't even like pink, but I bought this sweater on sale just for work. That is the one things I hate about the workforce. Everyday I feel like I am playing dress up. I don't feel comfortable, or like myself in these conservative, boring work clothes.

2. My coaching outfit: Ugh, I really need new tennis shoes. I have had this old, gray pair of nikes for at least 3 years. Black running pants. Vintage, gray, Mickey mouse sweatshirt.

3. Going out: Tonight I am going to see a show. My friends Pasadena and Nate Nelson (who is Gia's boyfriend) are playing. Both are quite good. I will be wearing my black pirate-esque books. (leather, knee high, flat, buckle...) Levis, and most likely a black turtleneck. I like to look pretentious when going to shows alone so no one will talk to me.


Sporting 3 outfits a day is tiring, and a bit absurd. Hence, probably why I detest laundry. Oh yes....jewelry...VW key ring, drop earrings, and a tree shaped necklace. For outerwear...brown long jacket with big brown buttons, a brown and pink scarf Kelly gave me, and fingerless mittens. I never go anywhere without my fingerless mittens.

On a side note, I am about to teach satire and Swift to my seniors. I am starting with Dr. Seuss, I hope they get it. Does everything we know start with Seuss?

2 comments:

m.d. said...

your posts are a student support team meeting (sst), a night out with c.i.r. with its wonderfully, notoriously attendant c.i.r. laughter, and a breath of fresh air when you've just brushed your teeth after eating two chicken soft tacos from taco bell with hot sauce on them - all rolled into one!!

XO

KG said...

I dare you to write about ribs, I also dare you to write about fairy tales and the parallels of our society with them.